You’ve been up since 6 AM. Five missed calls, four more deadlines, three new coffee stains, two lost packages, and one unruly subway passenger later—how can you show up to dinner in a mood like this?
- Gently seal your lips. Breathe in through your nose to a count of 8 then exhale through your nose to a count of 8.
- Breathe in again through your nose to a count of 8, but this time visualize bliss — a bright light, a warm bath, a quiet mountain — streaming into you with the breath.
- Hold your breath for a count of 4 and picture the bliss relaxing every part of your body.
- Exhale through your mouth to a count of 8, letting any negativity go with the stale air.
- Repeat for as many breaths as you like.
Bliss starts from within — and then there’s Kin.
2 oz Kin Euphorics
0.5 oz ginger syrup
1.5 oz orange juice
1.5 oz ginger beer
Add ice to a shaker. Pour Kin High Rhode, ginger syrup, and orange juice into the shaker. Shake for 30 seconds. Strain into a highball glass over one scoop of crushed ice. Top with ginger beer. Garnish with an orange slice and piece of candied ginger.
Forget that it’s only Monday